Coax to Ethernet Converter with POE
Coax to Ethernet with universal POE
HIGHWIRE POE turns existing video infrastructure into a fast network connection, and converts legacy 12V or 24V power into a universal Power over Ethernet (POE) supply for IP cameras and mega-pixel cameras. This saves the time and cost of replacing old analog cabling, with no need to install extra power for the new camera. Instant operation with no configuration required makes installation of HIGHWIRE POE simple and fast.
Long connection range
Veracity's HIGHWIRE technology can provide a full-duplex 100BASE-T network connection, with no bandwidth restrictions, over up to 500 metres (1650 feet) of RG-11 cable, or 280 metres (930 feet) of CCTV-grade RG-59 cable.
Simply connect the HIGHWIRE POE by the IP camera, and a regular HIGHWIRE at the other end of the cable, and the connection will be established automatically with no configuration required.
Transparent to the network
The HIGHWIRE connection is invisible to Ethernet data and requires no MAC or IP address; to the camera the link looks like any other network cable.
Speed, duplex and crossover are sensed on connection; no setting up is necessary.
HIGHWIRE POE can be powered by legacy 12 Volt DC or 24 Volt AC supplies. Connection is via a detachable screw terminal and the type and polarity of the supply are detected automatically.
An optional power supply is available for installations with no legacy power.
HIGHWIRE POE automatically detects and enables power to IP cameras using the universal IEEE 802.3af standard. Up to 6.5 watts of power is available to Power Class 1 or 2 devices.
With absolutely no setting-up or configuration required, installation is simple, and HIGHWIRE POE's compact dimensions allow it to be mounted inside a camera housing.
Optional wall-mounting brackets and a rack-mounting kit are available to suit the needs of each installation.
- Auto-optimizing for all 75 Ohm coaxial cable:
- 280m (920ft) full-rate over video-grade RG-59 (Up to 350m depending on quality)
- 350m (1150ft) full-rate over RG-6
- 500m (1640ft) full-rate over RG-11
- Auto-configuring for speed (10BASE-T or 100BASE-T) and duplex
- Use with Cat 5, Cat 5e or Cat 6 patch or crossover cables
- IEEE 802.3af compliant PSE
- Max power out 7W, isolated
- Max device power 6.49W
- (Power class 1 or 2 devices only)
- Auto type and polarity detection with detachable screw terminal connector
- 10-40V DC (max current 800mA at 12V)
- 20-28V AC (max current 400mA at 24V)
- 84 x 54 x 24mm (3.3 x 2.1 x 0.95in) / 102mm (4in) including connector
- 70g (2.5oz)
Long range networking
- Use HIGHWIRE as a cost-effective means to deploy network connections beyond 100 metres - for example a buried RG-11 cable can be used to deliver a network connection between buildings 500 metres apart.
- HIGHWIRE can be used on legacy coaxial cables found in rail transport or elsewhere, and its universal power input makes it well-suited to low-voltage installations.
Elevators and mechanisms
- Because coaxial cable will coil and bend properly, unlike Cat 5 cable, HIGHWIRE provides an ideal means to provide network access to elevator carriages, for VoIP, security, lift panel and other devices.
Anywhere there's coax!
- HIGHWIRE has been deployed over all types of video cable, radar, TV antenna and satellite downlinks, armored steel cables, you name it. 50 ohm coax or cables of other impedance can normally be used without any modification to the unit.
|VHW-HWPO||HIGHWIRE Ethernet over coax converter with POE out
|VHW-HW||HIGHWIRE Ethernet over coax converter
|VPSU-12V-U||Universal (UK/US/EU) 12VDC supply for HIGHWIRE/HIGHWIRE POE
|VHW-WMB||Wall-mounting bracket for 1x HIGHWIRE POE
|VHW-1U||1U Rack-mounting bracket for up to 8x HIGHWIRE
||Power supply for up to 8x HIGHWIRE, complements VHW-1U|
Note: two HIGHWIRE devices are required per link
( for example 1x VHW-HWPO and 1x VHW-HW )