Ethernet over Coax Converter
High-Speed Ethernet Over Coax Video Cable
HIGHWIRE turns any analogue video cable into a high-speed network connection. This allows the replacement of analogue cameras with IP cameras without installation of any new cabling, which can save some 30-40% of the system cost.
Universal connections for coax, network and power, with no user set-up required, make installation easy and fast.
Long connection range
HIGHWIRE can provide a full-duplex 100BASE-T network connection, with no bandwidth restrictions, over up to 500 metres (1650 feet) of RG-11 cable, or 280 metres (930 feet) of CCTV-grade RG-59 cable.
Simply connect a single HIGHWIRE to each end of the coaxial cable, and the link will be established automatically with no configuration required.
Transparent to the network
The HIGHWIRE connection is invisible to Ethernet data and requires no MAC or IP address; to the camera the link looks like any other network cable.
Speed, duplex and crossover are sensed on connection; no setting up is necessary.
Universal power input
HIGHWIRE can be powered by legacy 12 Volt DC or 24 Volt AC supplies. Connection is via a detachable screw terminal and the type and polarity of the supply are detected automatically.
An optional power supply is available for installations with no legacy power.
With absolutely no setting-up or configuration required, installation is simple, and HIGHWIREs compact dimensions allow it to be mounted inside a camera housing.
Optional wall-mounting brackets and a rack-mounting kit are available to suit the needs of each installation.
- Auto-optimizing for all 75 Ohm coaxial cable:
- 280m (920ft) full-rate over video-grade RG-59 (Up to 350m depending on cable quality)
- 350m (1150ft) full-rate over RG-6
- 500m (1640ft) full-rate over RG-11
- Auto-configuring for speed (10BASE-T or 100BASE-T) and duplex
- Use with Cat 5, Cat 5e or Cat 6 patch or crossover cables
- Auto type and polarity detection with detachable screw terminal connector
- 10-40V DC (max current 140mA at 12V)
- 20-28V AC (max current 70mA at 24V)
- 84 x 54 x 24mm (3.3 x 2.1 x 0.95in) / 102mm (4in) including connector
- 70g (2.5oz)
- Reuse legacy cable when upgrading from analog to IP security.
Long range networking
- Use HIGHWIRE as a cost-effective means to deploy network connections beyond 100 metres - for example a buried RG-11 cable can be used to deliver a network connection between buildings 500 metres apart.
- HIGHWIRE can be used on legacy coaxial cables found in rail transport or elsewhere, and its universal power input makes it well-suited to low-voltage installations.
Elevators and mechanisms
- Because coaxial cable will coil and bend properly, unlike Cat 5 cable, HIGHWIRE provides an ideal means to provide network access to elevator carriages, for VoIP, security, lift panel and other devices.
Anywhere there's coax!
- HIGHWIRE has been deployed over all types of video cable, radar, TV antenna and satellite downlinks, armored steel cables, you name it. 50 ohm coax or cables of other impedance can normally be used without any modification to the unit.
|VHW-HW||HIGHWIRE Ethernet over coax converter (2 required per link)|
|VPSU-12V-U||Universal (UK/US/EU) 12VDC power supply for HIGHWIRE|
|VHW-WMB||Wall-mounting bracket for 1x HIGHWIRE|
|VHW-DMB||DIN Rail-mounting bracket for 1x HIGHWIRE|
|VHW-1U||1U Rack-mounting bracket for up to 8 x HIGHWIRE|
||Power supply for up to 8 x HIGHWIRE, complements VHW-1U|